Five things I’ve learned as a new dad.on 2012/05/25 at 12:39 am
Well, I’ve been a dad for six weeks. Just referring to myself as a “dad” still feels weird, but yea, it’s been quite the learning experience. One that I will share in list form and in no particular order. Maybe some of you other fathers out there can relate.
Five things I’ve learned since I’ve become a dad:
1. Babies fart. Loud. Which may come in handy. If I ever wanted to let one rip in public, I can always blame the baby.
2. I learned the true meaning of “tired”. My wife told me to grab the milk bottle during three separate 4 AM feedings, I came back with a box of Golden Grahams, a Lysol Spray Can, and a loaf of bread.
3. Bottle of Milk > Dad. My son straight up bawls when he gets hungry. If I were to get destroyed by a T-Rex tomorrow, I’m positive my son would cry more for his milk.
4. Mommy is #1. Just stating the obvious there.
5. I didn’t know how much I can love a living, breathing, poop factory. awwww . . . or ewwww . . . ? But yea, I had to throw my Kodak moment out there. Do people still refer to touching moments as Kodak moments or is it “Canon Powershot 24 megapixel” moments nowadays?